Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Beginning

I love words.

I love the way some of them roll off your tongue like melted butter. Others you have to chew on for a while, and then spit out quickly before they get away from you. Others are choppy, like the sea on a windy day, frothy foamy freely.

I love the way you chain them together to make sentences and pretty pictures. They can bend into anything you want them to, and no matter how hard we try to contain them with adverbial causes and particular structures, we can't. They aren't only adjectives or nouns or verbs - they aren't anything. They are whatever you want them to be.

That is why I am starting this whole blog-y deal. This is my creative writing blog, the result of (in part) my Wire class, (in part) my life, and (in part) my the keyboard. The title, "Star Wreck the Sea", is also the title of a poem generated by the previously mentioned Wire class.

It is also here because, if I have learned anything, ever, in all of my writing, it is that in order to write, you actually have to write. So that's the plan. I'm hoping that having somewhere that time stamps how often I write will inspire me to do it more, rather than wasting my life lying pathetically in bed, looking up at the stars and wondering, "Where the heck is the ceiling?"

No comments: